Welcome to the Membership page for the Roma Picnic Race Club and Roma Turf Club. Here you will find information about how to get involved and benefits of being a member of the clubs.
The two Clubs share a venue but are separate organisations – membership to the Roma Turf Club is not recognised by the Roma Picnic Race Club and vice versa. (we still love all of you)
Roma Turf Club Members are very important to the club and we want to ensure you are kept informed about the latest Club initiatives¸ major events and race meetings. Please bookmark our website to help keep you up to date. Members will also be placed on our email list. Given our focus on animals (the ones in the stables) and the clean and fresh environment of country racing etc, etc, we hope to achieve carbon neutrality (if we can find a way to do something about that manure) and emailing instead of mailing in envelopes, labels, stamps, ink cartridges, non-solar powered hardware etc etc, will help us (and the planet) get there. Please include your email address and we will notify you of any cool information. That way, you can also delete us if we become too annoying.
How to apply
To become a member, you can go straight to our online membership page here, or if that is too daunting, please fill in our RTC membership application 2014-15and email to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to the address on the Contact Us page.
Members of the Gold Coast or Darwin Turf Club are entitled to a Members Day ticket for a cost of $50 each membership number which must be organised with the respective secretary before race day.
Renewals follow financial year.
1. It is incredibly cool to be a member of the most fun sporting club in western Queensland (big call, but its our website)
2. We accept mostly anyone (don’t worry, our cool will rub off)
3. Roma Cup Luncheon and Members Marquee is totally cool (the industrial air-con really helps)
Full members are entitled to the following:
- Free entry to all race meets at the Roma Turf Club including the Roma Cup feature race day
- Access to the Members Marquee on Roma Cup Day
- Invitation to the Williams & Partners Roma Cup Luncheon (noon to 1.30pm) in the Wool Hall on Roma Cup Race Day
- Access to all facilities on course
- Financial Members of the Roma Turf Club receive all privileges with full voting rights. Members can have their say on any matter brought before the Annual General Meeting or a Special General Meeting
- Financial Members may nominate a person eligible to hold office as a candidate for election to an office of the Club
- Reciprocal membership with Gold Coast Turf Club and Darwin Turf Club
- A groovy race dates magnet to make that trip to the fridge a little bit more exciting
- And did we mention Roma Cup, coolest race meeting in the western world?
Roma Cup Day Dress Code
No thongs, shorts, singlets or joggers. Collared shirt for men. Closed-in shoes for men.
Ladies will be expected to dress in a way that will not cause offense to other members and reflects a suitable standard of attire for the members’ area of a racing club.
In noting the above, we do not install the Dress Police on race days so if you see someone in a Safari suit or with big hair and sequins, there is not much we can do about it. Like we said, we accept everybody, regardless of personal taste.
Roma Picnic Race Club
Membership to the Roma Picnic Race Club is included in the ticket price of the annual Carlton Mid Roma Picnic Races and can be purchased here in the lead up to the event held in March, 2014
A full member’s ticket includes:
- Formal ball Friday night
- Saturday gate entry
- Entry to Carlton Mid Member’s Bar Area
- Afternoon tea
- Saturday evening entertainment
- Members tickets for raceday are limited and can be purchased online in the 3 months leading to the March event.