Roma Picnic Races
29 March 2019
Tickets on Sale 26 January 2019!
From 11am til late on Race Day.
- Havana Nights Black Toyota Black Tie Ball and a “show” (dance the night away)
The President & Committee cordially invite you and your friends to a weekend of racing, wining, dining and dancing at the 120th running of the 2019 Carlton Mid Roma Picnic Races on Saturday.
As is our want, we swap, change and inevitably evolve our events at Bassett Park. It’s Roma and we can do that stuff. So this year, we have good news and some less good news.
- We are still providing our weekend members tickets which will include the Black Toyota Black Tie Ball, a Members Area bar on raceday and general admission and the Afternoon Tea. Of course, the afterparty post 5 race program is also on the agenda.
- We will be a full strength, spirit pour, meeting AAALLLLLLLL day and night. Because we continue to observe serving alcohol responsibly, we will be serving water and not obnoxious drunkards during the event. (those liquor licensing dudes are ever observant)
- KEY POINTS (we hope you read down as far as 4 as this one is critical)
- We do not mail out wristbands (they get lost, they get forgotten, they get nicked, they generally find a way of not being where you are when you get to the gate) We will have them at the Ball on Friday night for collection or at the Gate on raceday when you produce your barcoded online ticket. Or, if you are in the vicinity before raceday, come and pick them up, always available to paying customers.
- We are also working towards cashlessness. We have ALBERT POS machines, we like them, we think you will too. TAP and GO, no drink tickets, no change, no double handling, no pesky coins. Help us out and give it a whirl on the day. We will have CASH OUT at the office for those of you who forget or need a dagwood dog at some point.
Black Toyota Black Tie Ball on Friday night, March 29- 6.30pm
- Complimentary bus pick up and return from all Roma accommodations
- Pre dinner drinks and canapes on the lawn on arrival at Bassett Park 6.30PM
- Complimentary beer and wines throughout the evening
- 3 course sit down meal
- Lucky door/ticket prizes
- Live Band, HAMILTON and dancing til midnight.
- Ball tickets are all part of a Members Weekend package and cannot be purchased individually.
Roma Picnic Races, Saturday, March 30
Featuring Great Northern and Carlton beers which we all consume responsibly
11.00am Gates open
Noon Queensland Country Life Sponsor’s lunch in the Members Lounge
1.30pm 5 race program begins / WARNER FINE JEWELLERY Fashions on Field judging – most glamorous fashion event in the Maranoa
3.00pm ARTS AND TEA afternoon tea located in the Wool Court
4.30pm Racing finishes
6 pm After Race Party, estimated close – 12 MIDNIGHT Sunday morning
Complimentary bus service to town and all accommodation.
We DO NOT mail out tickets – your bands for raceday are all you need and they will be waiting for you at the ball or at the ticket office on raceday as you present your bar coded receipt.
WEEKEND MEMBERS TICKETS $180 for the full racing weekend, includes Black Toyota Black Tie ball, afternoon tea, raceday entry and members Lounge entry and after race party.
GENERAL ADMISSION $25
Camping is available at Bassett Park AT NO CHARGE, no booking required.
The Roma Picnics Race Day is no longer a mid-strength event HOWEVER, we are still supporting the Responsible Service of Alcohol. CARLTON MID IS THE OFFICIAL BEER OF THE ROMA PICNIC RACES. (But we love Great Northern also)
We will be a full strength meeting for the General Public. Dont make us regret that decision. We accept cash (it works for everyone) but we prefer EFTPOS, using the cool and super efficient ALBERT machines. Help us help you to rapid consumption delivery with a Tap and Go process. Please
For more information please contact the event organiser on 0409 898 623
The information listed is correct at the time of publishing and may change without notice